Friday, April 18, 2008

Funky Mama photo shoot and video update...



Rod Cockle is still working hard on the great drawings for the "Down Down Baby" video!
Keep checking for updates.
Yesterday, I spent 4 hours at a fun photo shoot for 435 South Magazine. I am, and 3 other business moms are, on the cover and each of us have a feature page inside with our kids. Getting all the kids together was really funny! I had the youngest ones, so Paul at Paul Versluis Photography shot them separately and is going to paste them in. He was so good with the kids (and moms)!
It will be really great exposure for all, I believe. This issue comes out on May 3 and you can find it at the Leawood Library and other Southern Johnson County locations. We wore gowns of all things and had stylists do our hair/makeup. Katie and Beth, thank you! (Me in a gown with Cherry is pretty funny.Oh, Cherry is my Gibson guitar.) The idea was to copy a Vanity Fair cover with vampy starlets. Pretty fun.
One of the moms I spoke with was Amy Hilbrich Davis who owns Inspiring Moms. You should check out her mom seminars! She has 7 kids and still is happy and full of energy. :)
Just a reminder, my new Moo Juice songs can be found at www.myspace.com/funkymamamusic

I have many public gigs coming up so keep checking my website!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

fun! fun! fun! i can't wait to for the may issue of 435 south. i'll be in it, too. (not my face - just my photography, thank goodness!) isn't amy from inspiring moms fantastic? i met her through her life magazine and simply adore her. small world!!!