Sunday, August 17, 2008

Audience Etiquette

I've been wanting to blog about this for a long time, but this weekend's gig really made me NEED to blog about it:

AUDIENCE ETIQUETTE: From the performer's perspective
As a performer/singer for kids and their folks, I am constantly surprised at things that happen at gigs and I'm sure I'm not the only one who notices.
1. The performer is not a babysitter. Watch your kids for the safety of all. (I don't diaper or clean snot off any kids but my own or those of my best buds.)
2. Please don't invite children to pop/stomp/obliterate balloons as one is performing (and then proceed to let children take the leavings and snap each other, the performer, the guitar, etc.)
3. Performers don't need 3-year-old sound board operators. Please don't let your kids touch electrical equipment...that's sitting in standing water no less...and plugged in. (It happened, oh yes.)
4. Don't let your kids spit on the performer. At least not during flu season.
5. See #1
6. See #1
7. See #1

I love performing for kids and I love kids. Parents sometimes forget performers need their assistance in keeping control of hundreds of toddlers. I want everyone to have a great rock n' roll experience and BE SAFE!! I'm happy to hear anyone's thoughts on the matter...

1 comment:

Mommy-Robynn said...

You know how I feel, girl. ROCK ON!!!

Robynn