Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Recording with Trout Fishing In America

I just got back from a great day and a half in Prairie Grove, Arkansas with Ezra Idlet and Keith Grimwood of Trout Fishing In America. We recorded a tune Ezra and I wrote called "Bananas Foster." Very funky and fun. The above link will take you to a rough first mix and we still have some tweaking to do, but I wanted to share the musical love. (And if you know the owners of Brennan's in New Orleans, let me know! We have a song for 'em...) The song will definitely be on my next CD, but a release date is FAR from now.

Thanks to Ezra and Keith for their musical gifts and to Ezra's wife Karen for the wonderful hospitality! (Ezra makes a mean pot roast.) Ezra and I hiked for a bit on his wonderful land and I got to see the treehouse he built. AWESOME. A perfect place to record good music for the soul.

Beautiful country where they live and a great place to commune with nature on their 100+ acres. So beautiful!

(Ezra and Keith's most recent release "Big Round World" was just nominated for a Grammy, so get it if you haven't already.)

No comments: