Tuesday, June 24, 2008

When stressed out moms and screaming 4-year-olds collide....



...WITH CLIPPERS!!


Notice the side of my son's head. Yes, that does look like what happens when you take your pet to the vet for surgery. Just thought I'd share my afternoon story of woe and laughter.
He hates haircuts...PERIOD. But, I try and save a few bucks and use the clippers myself. Usually, things work out fine despite all the squirming and screaming.
Well...today was a bit different. He got his obligatory sucker (which usually keeps him in one place) and proceeded to scream like I've never heard. I was changing clipper guards and handed one to the baby in the high chair to fiddle with. Well, in my haste, I never put a guard back on, so, hence, the above photo.
As soon as I realized I was shaving him BALD, I stopped and muttered my standard phrase of ...
"GEEZ LOUISE!!!"
(which is a substitute for any swear words I'm not allowed to utter anymore as a mommy).
J. starts screaming, "WHAT WHAT MOMMY?!! WHAT DID YOU DO??!"
He was a gooey mess of hair, spit, tears and chocolate Tootsie Roll Pop.
And, oh no, it doesn't end there...
By this time, I put the baby on the floor outside of the hair-ridden kitchen and blocked the entry, so I could deal with screaming (and now-hairless) Child #1.
Baby is obviously going to be an escape artist because before I knew it, he was in the mess of hair and Tootsie Roll Pop, too.
The screaming continued.
Both went into the bathroom with me.
As one was getting showered off, the other found the toilet...with the toilet seat up. Splash, splash.
Also, a box of Q-Tips now decorated every inch of the floor.
And...I almost knocked myself out on the corner of our bathroom cabinet trying to stop Baby Fast Hands from his mayhem.
"GEEZ LOUISE!!!!"
"WHAT MOMMY?!! WHAT? I NEED A HUUUUGGG!!!"
My head still smarts, but all are calm now and I SWEAR if my husband says one word when he gets home.....
There has to be a song coming out of this. At least, there had better be!
Suggestions for a title?


5 comments:

Anonymous said...

"Buzz off, Mama"?? LOL! this is a funny story! :)

Maggie said...

Oh no! That sounds like the making for a very rough day indeed. If it helps any, Garrett things that he 'looks kind of awesome' and asked to get the same cut! So hey, maybe you've started a trend!

Mommy-Robynn said...

Jerry and Robynn Nevins have come up with song titles such as, "Hot Haircut Mess", "Bathroom Brawl", "Clipper Catastrophe", "Mommy Hates My Hair", "Premature Baldness" or our favorite... "Why I Get Ice Cream For Dinner". Hope these work.

Christine said...

I know the feeling! I'm a mom of 4 and I, too, try & do the home haircuts on my 3 boys. Some days are better than others. No suggestion for a title, but just wanted to say I enjoyed reading the story! Hope to see you soon!

Anonymous said...

Buzz Cut Blues

Don't Quit Your Day Job, Mama

Accidents Happen