Monday, January 21, 2008

Karate Mama





In my song, "Tomboy," there's a line that says: I like karate...
Well,
it's absolutely true.
I not only like karate, I LOVE it. I've been involved with Bushidokan (now Hartley's American Karate) since I was a kid. And if any of you out there wonder how I got back into shape after both of my big boys, karate is the answer.
I'm going to post some pics and things when I get a moment about this, but I just wanted to share.
Karate is like putting your brain and body on recharge. I swear, it's my mommy-therapy.
If you want a great school to try out, let me know. I teach Thursdays at Hartley's American Karate at approx. 135th and Nieman (behind Planet Fitness). It's such a great workout for mind, body and spirit. (By the way, most of these pics were from my Shodan/black belt test in November. I swear, I thought a part of me died a bit. Never been so injured or sore, but proud, nonetheless. The man in the picture at left is Sensei Jim Harrison--the founder of Bushidokan in America. He's my instructor's instructor. A very scary dude. He bites.)

No comments: